Points to consider for DWBI Testing
- Why is it important?
- To bug-free the code
- To ensure data quality
- To increase credibility of BI Reports
- More BI projects fail after commissioning due to quality issue
- What constitutes DWBI Testing?
- Performance Testing
- Functional Testing
- Canned Report Testing
- Ad-hoc testing
- Load Reconciliation
- What can be done to ease it?
- Plan for testing
- Start building DWBI Test competency
- Design code that generates debug information
- Build reconciliation mechanism
- Why is it difficult?
- Limited Testing Tool
- Automated Testing not always possible
- Data traceability not always available
- Requires extensive functional knowledge
- Metadata management tool often fails
- Deals with bulk data - has performance impact
- Number of data conditions are huge
Use the above mind-map to plan and prepare the testing activity for your data warehousing project.